- Three stages of filtration are accomplished as the water flows through the filter chambers.
- In the first stage, the water passes through a chamber with a coarse filter brush that strains out coarse debris, depositing it into the chamber for easy removal.
- During the second stage, a specially-developed, profiled filter sponge traps most of the remaining smaller particles.
- The final stage contains supra biological filter media for the removal of ammonia. Beneficial bacteria grow throughout the media, digesting the ammonia to sustain their own life and to purify the water of decomposing fish debris.
The filter's water return is gravity-fed. Water is pumped from the pond up to the filter and through it, then returns back to the pond by gravity. Therefore, it must be placed at the edge of the pond in a location higher than the water to be filtered. It also requires the purchase of a separate pond pump for operation.
It is easily maintained. Just open the lid to replace the brush, sponge, or filter media.
While this filter can handle a normal pond up to 1000 gallons, in situations of high fish volume or particularly sunny locations (which encourages the growth of algae), we recommend it for ponds up to 500 gallons only.
The Bio Pond Filter is designed to be unobtrusive and blend with the environment. It comes complete with the filter brush, filter sponge, and SUPRA Bio Media.
Fish Mate Bio Pond Filter Features:
- Easy filter maintenance.
- Designed to blend with natural surroundings.
- Complete with high performance SUPRA filter media.
- Suitable for ponds to 1000 gallons.
- Use larger pump than minimum recommended size if adding fountains, waterfalls, or other decorative devices.
ANI228: ponds to 1000 gal., needs pump min. 500 gph
- Actual dimensions approximately 15 x 10 x 5"H
The Science of Pond FiltersPond filters trap large particulates to protect the pump from clogging from debris in the pond. More importantly, they purify the pond water by biologically cleansing the water that flows through them, making a healthy environment for the fish and plants.
- ANI228 - Inlet Hose: 3/4" and 1"; Outlet Hose: (2) 1-1/4"