Diatom Filters remove many free-swimming infective stages of various parasites from the tank water before they can attach to their hosts, and when the attached adult parasites on the fish die, the fish are eventually left parasite-free. Because many free-floating bacterias are also removed from the tank, wounded fish often heal more quickly (absent the bacterias that cause infections)
After parasites and toxic algae problems have been eliminated, it is a good idea to schedule diatom filtration on a weekly basis or even continuously for a problem tank.
Used properly, your Freedom Diatom Filter will eliminate the need to "tear down" your aquarium to clean. It will filter 100% of the water 100% of the time - no hidden "by-pass holes".
Freedom Diatom Filter Features:
- Hangs on aquarium or sits on the floor
- New O-ring sealed, flexible, kink resistant tubes
- Easily moved from tank to tank with the new clear p-29 re-charge valve (included)
- Thermally protected motor
- Designed for continuous use
- Electrical on/off switch
- Easily recharged
- Positively does not change pH
- Back-flushes clean, without taking filter apart
- Diatom filter powder, super char, or water softener may be added while the filter is running
- New unbreakable chamber base stand and jar!
- Filters aquariums up to 55 Gallons.
- Contains starter pack of diatom powder and everything needed to start using immediately.
New P-29 Recharge Valve is included. It is made of clear ABS. It has one O ring and is now a sealed unit. Two small windows on the face of the valve handle (which are engraved to show "filter" or "charge mode") make it easy to tell if you are filtering your tank or simply re-coating the bag and filtering the water in the filter.
No-kink tubing allows you the "freedom" to move your filter freely from tank to tank without losing your siphon and without having to re-coat your filter layer. Using the P-29 Recharge Valve also allows you to adjust the water flow from full to slight filtration if so desired.
Easier siphon starting permits infinitely adjustable water flow. P-29 allows you to move filter from one tank to another without losing siphon. 30 second filter recharge (without kinking hose).